My god, I get it. Those punk-hards from the 60's were bang on.
Anarchy can be awesome when applied to sporting events.
I suppose it's a wonderful way to channel your frustration when your team loses and you need an outlet to vent your anger.
You know when it's even better? When you've WON.
I am not a college football fan. I'm not sure whether I even have school spirit.
But the exhilaration I felt after a long-fought (and rather narrow) victory was unmistakably one reverberating with some semblance of pride and excitement. Oh yeah, and an absolutely unexpected impulse to do something CRAZY RIOTOUS.
So we rushed the field. With what seemed like the entire student population. God knows if I will ever recognize or see them again. But at that minute, scampering through the field towards the players and goalposts, we all felt like members of a happy dysfunctional family.
Maybe this is what school spirit is all about.
I don't suppose we were very rebellious. The grins on our faces as the goal post fell on to the crowds was something remarkable though. There was more than mischief. There was more than scandalized disbelief. There was more than excitement and amusement.
It was anarchy.
And I loved it.
I may have gone a little bit mad.
And for once, it's a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment