Monday, December 28, 2009

Report Card - Resolutions

I would like to:
- Stop setting goals in order to please others : easier said than done. However, professors don't count as people, do they? Otherwise mission accomplished. [1]
- Judge people more accurately : FAAAAAAAAAAAIL. Big fail. I misjudged people I've been acquainted with for a while. [0]
- Keep my friends : not an excellent job, but much better. I actually know what's going on in their lives now. Next year is gonna be hard work in this area.... [0.5]
- Talk to interesting people : I got super-lucky. Thanks, red-haired-girl-in-the-summer and loads of random people over the fall. I'm afraid I can't remember any from the spring. [1]
- Ignore my "enemies" : I excelled superbly. I think I should be worried. [1]
- Help out people because I want to : It's easier when your obligations are through. [1]
- Rethink my obligations : Done and done. Get's easier when you ignore the vampires. [1]
- Keep my focus : Lost heart, but hanging in there. Needs much more work. [0.5]
- Swear more humourously : Always. [1]
- Learn a new accent : Scottish. Also, my Aussie is getting heaps better. [1]
- Mock people to their face instead of behind their back : only friends. :) [1]
- Eat something I hate to see if I still do : capsicum/bell peppers. Still hate them. [1]
- Keep things to myself : that might actually be a problem with me, I'm too damn good at that. Oh well. It was meant to curtail gossip. [1]
- Listen more : Ermmmmm. [0.5]
- Sleep well : Faaaaaaaaail. [0]

Score: 11.5/15

I would like NOT to:
- Enjoy watching someone fail : Um, NOPE. I GLOATED. But it was someone I reeeeeally hate. [0]
- Lie to keep someone happy : Hahahahaha. I was borderline inconsiderate. [1]
- Waste my time with people I don't like : Yeah, no way. Outdid myself here. [1]
- Question anyone's sexuality : Kept it strongly. Also made me realize affection is very subjective. [1]
- Judge someone's habits : Did good on this one. How else do you meet interesting people? [1]
- Drink till I pass out : I kept it. Next. [1]
- Drown myself in work just to forget : Maybe next time I should try drowning myself in work. [1]
- Feel apathy about things that should matter : Not quite upto human levels, unfortunately. [0.5]
- Laugh at unfunny jokes : Tell me about it. Also, SNL is starting to FAAAAAAAAIL again. [1]
- Drink Barq's root beer : Easy-peasy. That stuff is nasty. [1]
- Wonder if I'm loved : not thick-skinned enough, surprisingly. [0.5]
- Lie about liking someone : I literally didn't SEE people I didn't like. [1]
- Listen to misogynistic rap : Whoops. FAIL. [0]
- Spread my political convictions around : Again, fail. I did it FORCEFULLY. [0]
- Waste my time looking for the good in people I don't have to like : Easy-peasy. I was ignoring them completely. [1]

Score: 11/15

Total : 22.5/30

Damn, I thought I'd make a 25. Oh well. 2010 is gonna be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment