I think that's why we've managed to scare off three pristine southern all-American girls from being our room-mate. And is sure to scare off the fourth one. Bwahaha.
Are we so afraid to live with people different from us? I got incredibly lucky my first year at Tech, and had a great roommate who stayed out of my hair and was good fun to hang out with simultaneously. We never had problems with each other because of our different backgrounds or races.
No, I think it's because living with three other people who have obviously known and lived with each other for way longer is slightly intimidating. No one wants to live somewhere where they think the others might gang up on them at any given time.
That could be why they were afraid. Or...
It's us. Who wouldn't be?
Are we so afraid to live with people different from us? I got incredibly lucky my first year at Tech, and had a great roommate who stayed out of my hair and was good fun to hang out with simultaneously. We never had problems with each other because of our different backgrounds or races.
No, I think it's because living with three other people who have obviously known and lived with each other for way longer is slightly intimidating. No one wants to live somewhere where they think the others might gang up on them at any given time.
That could be why they were afraid. Or...
It's us. Who wouldn't be?

No comments:
Post a Comment