I miss listening to the radio. The radio that actually played a variety of songs, stretching from genre to genre, and from both sides of the Atlantic.
Everything is so homogenized nowadays. I appreciate pushing the envelope musically and blending concepts, but everything ends up sounding the same. Take rap, for example. The beats, the instrumentals, the lyrical content - everything is the same. So what makes one rapper better than the other?
I picked rap, because that's the most prevalent genre on ATL radio stations. I am sure this can be applied just as easily to other musical genres today.The whole point of listening to the radio is to get the variety of music that's out there these days. But if all the songs sound the same, and certain songs being overplayed and consequently imitated, then the whole purpose of radio is defeated for me.
Need more music. Now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment